Monday, October 19, 2020

Review: Paradise Cove

 * Book 2 in the Matchmaker Bay series * 


Dr. Nora Walsh is giving herself two years in this small town. Two years to mend her broken heart. Two years to save enough money to purchase a home with her sister. And two years to not date. 

But the town has other ideas. They are so happy to have a doctor, they will do anything to keep her in town. When Nora befriends the local loner, the town has opinions.

Jake doesn't talk much these days, not since the loss of his son. But there's something comforting about Nora that makes him spill his deepest darkest secrets.

Could there be something more than friendship between the two of them?

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this second book and I'm so looking forward to the third one. I enjoyed catching up with old friends, especially the folks at the hardware store. I really liked Nora. I felt terrible for Jake and all that he had been through. But I enjoyed seeing him emerge from his shell. I love how they started sharing their thoughts with each other and how they gravitated towards each other. I quite enjoy this small town.

Cover Thoughts: Charming 

Source: My library

Library Recommendation: A fun romance that's perfect for your library's collection. Give this book to readers who enjoyed Virgin River

No comments: