Friday, October 30, 2020

Middle Grade Review: Pumpkin Spice Up Your Life

 



* Part of the Wish series *

Nadine and Daniel are best friends. She creates music. He creates coffee drinks. They talk about everything - including coming from single family homes. Daniel's father past away. Nadine's mother left her family. 

Life is great between the two friends - until a new family moves to town. For one thing, they purchase the coffeeshop where they hang out and where Daniel works. Secondly, Kira becomes the new girl in town. 

Nothing much happens in the small Vermont town, so Kira is instantly popular. And Daniel is smitten with her. Nadine can't figure out why he likes her so much or why he's insisiting on showing Kira how much he likes her through anonymous gifts. But one thing's for sure...this changes Everything! 

My Thoughts: So this series - isn't a series in term of characters, but there's always food involved. And recipes. I was surprised to read about the fictional Vermont town, which would be really close to where I grew up. It's fun seeing landmarks in the book. I love the cute coffee shop where everyone hangs out. If Daniel made hot chocolate drinks the way he makes coffee drinks, I would hang out there too! I love how both Daniel and Nadine have discovered something they're passionate about. I loved their friendship. I enjoyed the romance in the book. I really liked the parents in the book - and how their stories ended. Another winner in this series and I hope there are more books coming!

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Another sweet treat for your middle grade collection! 



No comments: