Monday, October 12, 2020

Review: From Alaska with Love

From Alaska With Love
Sara's life isn't hard - but she's not fully appreciated by her family. She left her job to take care of her niece and has basically raised her. She also has become their housekeeper of sorts. 

One day, Sara hears an advertisement on the radio to send soldiers a letter. After a terrible party where her family treats her abominably, she sends a letter detailing that experience.

Major Gabe Randall doesn't know what to believe, but he does send an email response. Before the long, Sara writes back. It becomes habit, the two of them writing back and forth. Soon, unbeknownst to each other, they are the bright spots in each other's day. 

It just so happens the Gabe's tour is coming to an end. Could there be a meeting in their future?
My Thoughts: I really liked this book. I loved the interactions between Sara and Gabe while he was overseas. The banter was cute and charming - and I loved watching Gabe open up. I loved Sara's moments with Kaylee - they were very cute together.  And I loved Sara's bonding time with Chloe - how they both had their hearts broken and were slowing starting to come out of their shelves. The rest of their family was terrible. I understand why Sara stayed for so long, but I was glad how everything worked out. Of course, once the setting changed to Alaska, Trouble stole the book. I loved him. I can't help but wonder if Chloe's romance could be a 2nd book in this series....

Cover Thoughts: Charming! I'm a sucker for dog and snow covers.

Library Thoughts: A fun romance for your library's collection, especially if you're in a military town. 

No comments: