Thursday, October 15, 2020

Holiday Book Review: Christmas on Mistletoe Lane

 




Kaitlyn needs a change of scenery after the situation at her job. Her grandmother died, leaving her the family inn - a place where Kaitlyn spent many happy summers. She packs up her entire life and moves - where she discovers a slight hiccup. 

She only owns half the inn. Mitch, a former military man, owns the other half. Kaitlyn remembers her grandmother talking about Mitch over the years. The will stipulates that they must work together for a month before they can sell it.

Kaitlyn's dumbfounded. She can't afford to lose the inn, but Mitch isn't interesting in staying in town. He's avoiding something from his past. But when his new job gets delayed, he has all the time in the world to help get the inn up and running.

Could this new adventure be the start of a new partnership?

My Thoughts: The start of a series (now with 6 books), is charming and sweet. News travels fast in this small town. I really enjoyed getting to know the town. I loved how Mitch and Kaitlyn worked together to make the inn beautiful again. I loved the rooms decorated for famous literary couples. I enjoyed getting to know the past troubles of Mitch and Kaitlyn - and how they came to move past the hurt and the trauma. I loved the couples that stayed at the inn and getting to know them. This book reminded me so much of a Hallmark movie - it was delightful. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series.

Cover Thoughts:  Charming
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A great Christmas romance for your public library's collection. 

No comments: