Monday, March 30, 2020

Review: Mermaid Inn

Mermaid Inn* First in a new trilogy *
Eve fled the small town where she spent her summers 10 years ago after a heartbreak and never returned. Her great aunt Lucille died leaving Eve the Mermaid Inn. Eve tries to come into town undercover. She only wants to make a plan with the real estate agent and leave immediately.

She's dumbfounded when the lawyer tells her about the clause in the will - she can't sell the inn for a year. Eve's forced to stay in town and deal with her past heartbreak, the town gossip, and renovating the inn. Will she learn to love this town and Sawyer again?
My Thoughts:  This book was adorable!
I loved this second chance romance in a small town setting. I love how everyone knows everything and how fast the gossip spreads. I loved the bromance between Sawyer and his friends. I loved the moments between Eve and Sawyer as they worked to become friends again - and beyond. I loved their banter and their chemistry. I loved Clara and Eve's interactions. They were really sweet. I loved the friendship between Maya and Eve. I can't wait to read more in this series!

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Heard About it: Andi from Andi's ABC was chatting about this book on Twitter.
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your library's romance section - it's perfect for beach and summer displays. Plus it's perfect for those readers who love Hallmark movies.

Next Book: Paradise Cove
Publishing Date: July 28

Paradise Cove

No comments: