Monday, March 23, 2020

Review: Winterborne House for Vengeance and Valor

Winterborne Home for Vengeance and Valor
April knows her mother's coming back for her. She isn't interested in settling down for the long haul in her foster houses. When she accidentally starts a fire in a museum, she's sure she's in serious trouble. Instead, someone wants to take her in.

At first she isn't sure about the Winterborne house, but it grew on her. Even if there is something creepy going on. April isn't scared; she's determined to uncover the truth about her past, the truth about the house, and the truth about the ghost haunting it.

She just might need a little help from her new housemates.
My Thoughts: I love Ally Carter's books. I was super excited to hear that she was going to write a middle grade - dare I hope to say series? I loved this book from the characters to the house to the secrets. I couldn't put it down and I seriously hope there are more coming, especially after that ending!

I loved April and how she started to learn the history of Winterborne. I loved her new family and how they each had their secrets and talents. I loved the Rube Goldberg machines. Lots of action, danger, secret passageways, and plot twists that you'd expect in an Ally Carter book. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have book for your school and public libraries.

No comments: