Sunday, December 30, 2012

Best of 2012 books!

Here's my 4th annual report on my favorite books this year. I can't of course choose just one (I did read 332 after all) Check out the 20082009, 2010, and 2011 posts. Unless stated the following books are teen titles. These are the books I've read this year and not only 2012 books. Also there are several books I could have used for many categorizes, but I chose not to duplicate them too much because there were SO many great books that I read this year. All of them hold a place in my heart! Enjoy the list!




Best Picture Book: The Reader


TV Releated:
Adult Fiction: Frozen Heat
Adult NonFictionWorld of Downton Abbey

Book that Takes Place in 24 Hours: Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Book that reminds me of Gilmore Girls: Winter White
Book that reminds me of reality TV: The Selection

Royalty:
Adult: Runaway Princess

Best Tween Heist: Swindle  

Craft:
Teen: Stick It!
 Adult: In Love with Papercraft

Debut:

Best DystopianDarkest Minds
Best Steampunk: The Girl in the Steel Corset

Time Travel:
Teen: Timepiece
Tween: Mutiny in Time

Best Adult Not Traditional Book: Goodnight Tweetheart

Most Haunting but Inspiring Read
NonfictionDear Teen Me
Best Fun NonFiction
Adult: Underwater Dogs
Best Series I Read Completely
Adult: Bridgertons
Tween: On the Run

Best Fantasy:
Adult: Touch of Power
Teen: Throne of Glass and Temptation of Angels
Tween: Keeper of the List Cities

Contemporary:
Adult: Inn at Rose Harbor
Teen: Take A Bow
Tween: Double Feature

Paranormal:
Adult: Biting Cold
Teen: Every Other Day
Tween: Phantom of the Post Office

Historical:
Adult: Rogue by Any Other Name
Teen: Grave Mercy
Tween: Mastermind Plot

Mythology:
Teen: Sweet Shadows and Mythos Academy series
Tween: Goddess Girls series

Girls with Brains: 
Adult: Romancing Mister Bridgerton
Teen: Smart Girls Get What They Want
Tween: Sleuth or Dare: Partners in Crime

Holiday: 
Kids: Santa Trap
Adult: 12 Clues of Christmas

Food Book:
Kids: Dragons Love Tacos
Adult: Donut Shop Mystery series

Best Library:
Adult: Due or Die
Teen: Mythos Academy series
Kids: Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

Current Series:
Adult: White House Chef
Teen: Gallagher Girls
Tween: 39 Clues and Canterwood Crest

Beginning of Series
Adult: Better Than Chocolate
Teen: Cold Fury
Tween: Chasing the Falconers

End to Series:
Adult: On his Way to a Wedding
Teen: Taken By Storm
Tween: Eruption

Stand Alone:
Adult: I've Got Your Number
Teen: 52 Reasons to Hate my Father
Tween: Olivia Bean Trivia Queen

Not Yet Published:
Adult: Footprints in the Sand
Teen: Rules of Summer, Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality, and Unremembered - reviews will be coming soon!

Mystery:
Adult: Buried in Buttercream
Teen: Lies that Bind
Tween: Madhattan Mystery

Science FictionOrigin

Summer Book: The Summer my Life Began

Favorite Authors (most read) 
Adult: Julia Quinn (15)
Teen: Miranda Kenneally (3)
Tween: Gordon Korman (7)

Whew! What a year of reading!!!
 


1 comment:

Little Willow said...

Cool categories! :)

I will be posting my Best Books of 2012 list at Bildungsroman tomorrow or Tuesday. :)