Monday, August 27, 2012

Review: Keep Holding On

Noelle's life is no picnic.

Her mom's made it clear that Noelle ruined her life. She barely talks to Noelle, except to complain about her life. She certainly isn't interested in Noelle's life.


Noelle tries to keep her head down, hoping that everything will turn out OK. She hates that people laugh at her. She hates having to scrape together lunch - sometimes just a lettuce and condiments sandwich.


She has her best friend to help her make it through the day. She has a secret crush, who makes her day by talking to her. Can she find the strength in herself to keep holding on?

My Thoughts: I can't say I loved reading this book, because it's not a happy book. It's a book that makes you think, a book that stays with you long after you've finished it. It's a book you wish every teen would read and talk about.

Keep Holding On is a powerful novel about bullies, neglect, and the hardships of high school. I couldn't put it down. I cried over it. My heart broke for Noelle, but I admired her too.

Cover Thoughts: I like it, but it doesn't match the seriousness of book
Source: BEA

No comments: