Thursday, August 16, 2012

Teen Review Thursday

Here's what some of the teens in Norwich are reading this summer:


Stormbreaker
Jessica
The Alex Rider series is probably my favorite action series ever. I love that there's unexpected things on everyone page and the plot. I recommend this book to everyone who likes a good action-filled book.


Fairest
Shun Yi
Since I don't like fairy tales, I always moan when our teacher makes us read anything like that. But Fairest is a tale with NO fairies. And also, you can really see how Aza wants to be beautiful. It's one of my favorite books, a fantastic book and it's about a girl who wants to 1, be pretty 2, rid herself of queen Ivi's dangerous deeds, and 3, marry the prince and be his friend. She has wonderful singing and all the praise she gets in the books is unbelievable, like she's a famous person.


Brian's Winter
Evan
Another one of Gary Paulsen's stunningly realistic books. Such a great series. This book was my second favorite in the saga. It's definitely a great read I recommend it to ages 10-14.


From the Mixed up Files of Mrs.Basil E. Frankweiler
Dillon
I enjoyed how Claudia and Jamie did not want to do a old fashioned runaway so instead of running away from some where they would run to some where. I also loved the way they got in to the museum by waiting until the museum closed and the guards left and they snuck in from the back door.

No comments: