Friday, April 20, 2012

Review: Sweet Shadows

*2nd in a trilogy - read my review of the first book - Sweet Venom *

** This book comes out in September, so keep your eyes open for it**

Sweet Shadows picks up a few moments before the last book ends, which was on a major cliff hanger. The triplets dive into the ocean. From that moment on, they know that they not only need each other to survive, but their lives will never be the same again.

Someone wants to kill them. As they get deeper into the mystery of the key generation and the prophecy, they realize how many layers exist in their decision.

The sisters understand they must learn to trust each other more than ever as things grow darker and more dangerous.

My Thoughts: I love this trilogy. I love the monster fights. I really liked the description of the Abyss and the monsters locked in the darkness. 


I found the secondary characters of Nick and Thane very interesting. They both have secrets, especially Thane. I'm looking forward to discovering more about his past and how he fits in with the triplets. While he was absent for most of the book, I can feel his story will be significant. 


I liked the romance (and the heat) between Nick and Gretchen. I thought their interaction provided both comic relief and plot twists.


I loved the sisters' relationship and their learning to lean on each other. I liked their struggle. Greer attempts to remain perfect, but the facade's crumbling. She isn't sure what to do, but her sisters might have the answer. Grace doesn't like keeping secrets from her family. She hates the thought that they can't trust her. Gretchen can't stand not knowing what to do next to save her mentor. She must trust her sisters to watch her back. They became friends, despite their differences.


Again, this ends on a cliff hanger - which only leaves me more excited to read the final installment. 

Cover Thoughts: I love how it connects with the first book with the hair split int tendrils (almost snake-like) and the dark shirt fading into the background.


Source: Tera! Thanks Tera - you rock!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't wait to fit my ARC into my reading schedule. I LOVED Sweet Venom and I'm sure book 2 is going to be just as awesome!!!!