Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tween Tuesday Review: Dead of Night

Tween Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at GreenBeanTeenQueen to highlight great reads for tweens. Join the fun 


*The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers Series #3 *


Amy and Dan are still following the orders from the Vespers. At the moment, they've lost control of the situation. They didn't share all their information. Vesper One isn't happy.


And there are consequences. Atticus, Dan's only friend who is 11 years old, is kidnapped. The Vespers think he'll have additional information. They interrogate him. 


Atticus does remember something, but it didn't come from Amy or Dan. It came from his mother, right before she died. Now he's beginning to understand her mysterious words. It's not a coincidence that he and Dan are friends.


My Thoughts:  I really liked this addition to the series. I love the snippets between Amy and Dan - whether they are fighting or kind to each other. They have a great relationship.  I liked reading the different perspectives with the other family members trying to help locate the clues and perform research tasks. I like reading about Ian's adventure and his decisions. His actions make me curious and I'm eager to learn more about what he's trying to accomplish. I enjoyed reading the perspectives from the family members in captivity. Their drama makes Amy and Dan's situation more traumatic.  I love this series for the plots twists, the siblings' relationship, the puzzles, the danger and the action. I love the historical trivia written into these books. I find them fascinating. The action and danger keeps me turning the page even when I need to stop reading. These books are very hard to put down and I'm happy there's such a short wait time between them.


Cover Thoughts: Cool, I love the stars in the telescope.


Source: my library

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore The 39 Clues as well as Cahills Vs Vespers! I'm addicted to them and can hardly wait until September when ROLAND SMITH joins the author list!!!!!

Jennifer Rummel said...

Oh Wicked! I didn't know he was joining the author list. I loved his latest trilogy Storm Runners! Thanks for sharing :)

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I need to read this series. It's so popular at my library and I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. It checks out like crazy though-the tweens adore it.