Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Review: Cross my Heart

Laura's spent the last few years in the convent, but she's told that she will be leaving the convent and no longer continuing her life there.

Her sister has drowned. Her father expects her to take her sister's place in an arranged marriage. Laura has no time to grieve for her sister. She's immediately thrust into society with an impatient father who wants to better the family name.

Laura can't imagine marrying Vincenzo. He repulses her. There might be one way to avoid marriage - join the Segreta. The Segreta is a secret society of women, who help each other. The help comes with a price.

The price of her freedom comes with the knowledge that her sister's death might not be an accident. Could the very people who saved her be responsible?

My Thoughts: I really liked this one. I'm a huge fan of the Renaissance and of Italy. I loved the descriptions of Venice, especially the water scenes.  I love the idea of a secret women's society the changes the outcome of the city in both politics and marriage. I liked the secrets, the parties, and the romance.


Cover Thoughts: It's ok but I liked the original cover better.



Source: My Library


Challenge: YA Historical Challenge 2012

No comments: