Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: The Walled Flower

* Book 2 in the series ~ Read my review for Crafty Killing*

Katie's desperately unhappy when she realizes her dream house has been sold. The house has always been her ideal location for a bed and breakfast. With her dream no longer in grasp, Katie tries to make the best of things.

She goes over to welcome her new neighbors in Victoria Square with a pizza. She offers to help the knock down a wall. Before she knows it, she's uncovered a body sealed in the wall.

The body's soon identified as Heather Winston, a girl who disappeared twenty years ago.  Her aunt, Rose, is a vendor at the Artisan's Alley.  The family's always assumed that Heather left the area hoping to make it as a model. As her only living relative, Rose turns to Katie asking her for help.

Looking for clues in a 20 year old case isn't easy. On top of the murder, Katie's dealing with pushy vendors at work, a wedding where she's become the maid of honor at the last second, and she must find a new apartment to live.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed the second book in this series. I love the behind the scenes moments at the Artisans Alley. I love Victoria Square - it sounds perfect (except for all those dead bodies).  Katie's sweet and tries to help everyone, which leaves her stressed. The murdered kept me guessing until the end. I love Seth. I love Andy and his pizza joint. I can almost taste the cinnamon buns he's now creating.  So looking forward to more in this series.

Cover Thoughts: Adorable!

Source: My Library

No comments: