Monday, October 29, 2018

Review: Your Destination is on the Left

Your Destination Is on the Left





Dessa and her family are nomads, they travel the country with a caravan of family and friends. They vote together on their destinations. But Dessa's tired of not having roots. She desperately wants to go to college for art. Unfortunately, she's been rejected at every art school she applied to.

When an unexpected internship falls into her lap, she jumps at the chance to learn. She wants to prove herself to her new boss and to herself. Can she make a living being an artist? Can she see a future for herself beyond traveling with her family?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I liked the closeness of the family - including the family they made with the caravan. I liked the romance of the book. I enjoyed the moments where Dessa tried to figure out her future and if she was good enough. But most of all, I loved the moments about art - the creation, the learning, the talking about it all. It made me itch to do something crafty after reading this book.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A great read for creative people wondering about college.

No comments: