Friday, October 5, 2018

Reviews: Two Peas in a Pod

36127426
* Book 11 in the Whatever After series *
After a rough day at school, Abby has no choice but to follow her puppy and her brother into the magic mirror. They fall into the Princess and the Pea story. Abby accidentally takes the place of the princess. But Abby knows she's not the person for the job.

She also doesn't like the way they view Princesses. She believes Princesses shouldn't be passive. Abby helps create a test for the next Princess - which involves kindness, strength, and intelligence. She hopes they can crown a princess before she has to return home.
My Thoughts: I really love this series. I adored this book - for all the usual things: the friendships, the sibling relationship, and the fairy tales. But I loved this book more because of the feminist twist. I love how Abby and other females in the book decided to test any girl in the kingdom. I love how they designed the test and how they decided which attributes a princess should have. I loved the contest and seeing how everything turned out. I will forever read this series.

Cover Thoughts: Adorable. I really love these covers
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have series for your school and public library.

No comments: