Monday, October 15, 2018

Romance Review: No Earls Allowed

No Earls Allowed (The Survivors, #2)

* Book 2 in the Survivor series *
Major Neil Wraxell isn't thrilled to receive his father's summons. Usually that means a job  that he's not going to like. He's not wrong. His father requires him to look after Lady Juliana - the daughter of a friend. \

Lady Juliana would rather spend her days with orphans than with society. When her father requires it, she attends society events, but otherwise she spends her time with the children. They need attention as everything's falling apart.

When the Major arrives, it's a battle of wills. Neither of them is willing to back down. As long as Lady Juliana stays, the Major stays. Luckily the boys have taken to him and he's taken to giving them a schedule. The longer he stays, the more Lady Juliana realizes that the boys could use a good male role model. Could he be persuaded to stay?
My Thoughts: I really liked this story - for so many reasons. Firstly I loved Lady Juliana and how she cared for the boys. I loved the boys in the orphanage. They were charming, funny, and sweet. Of course they were also a handful. I loved their interactions with the Major and how they took to him. I found it interested that the Major was a virgin - that was unexpected. I loved the banter between Lady Juliana and the Major. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: I recommend this series for your public library romance section.

No comments: