Saturday, October 27, 2018

Review: When We Found Home

When We Found Home
Malcolm grew up with the wealth and privilege of his father's family. But when his father died, he discovered that he has two half sisters. His grandfather wants to bring them into the family fold. His youngest sister is twelve. Malcolm has no idea how to communicate with her. Callie is closer to him in age. Both sisters have struggled in life - Callie's served a jail sentence for a crime in her youth.

Callie and Kiera both struggle with their new family. After being placed in so many homes, Kiera's doesn't believe her good fortune. She's sure that she will be asked to leave - it's only just a matter of time. Together they find common ground.

Malcolm tries to understand, but he struggles in learning how to be a brother. Can the three of them make their new family work?
My Thoughts: I really liked this book about family drama, romance, and friendship. I loved how Callie and Kiera both adjusted to their new life and their new family. I loved their relationship with each other and how they both helped Malcolm understand how to be a brother. I loved Lizzie the kitten, Kiera's stubborn streak, Grandfather's love, and learning more about the family business. I love the Callie didn't sugarcoat her past and how she wanted to work towards bettering her future. I liked the romantic ties in the book. Another great read from Susan Mallery.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your public libraries.

No comments: