Monday, April 9, 2012

Review: Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters

Kelsey is about to start high school. She has big plans to change her image.

First on the list: get on a soccer team. CHECK. She makes the JV team. Unfortunately, she also makes an enemy out of the captain. Now she's stuck as a goalie and hating the fall sports season.

Next - find a boyfriend. Now that Jenna' moved away, maybe it's finally time to start dating Jordan Rothman. There's a big issue here that Kelsey never sees coming.

Finally she wants to find out who's taking the horrible photos of her and publishing them in the school paper. First there's the one from the first day of school in that horrible blazer her mom made her wear. Then there's the one asking if she's a new lunch lady. Then there's the one that scared her. Could they just print a normal picture of her, or better yet leave her alone all together?

Between horrible sporting events, trying to get a date, and horrible photos printed of Kelsey, life isn't going her way. At least she has her three best friends to keep her company. High school's not going to change their friendship....is it?

My Thoughts: I found this book extremely entertaining and loved reading it. I hope that Kelsey's high school years are ALL documented. I'd love to read about the rest of her years in high school and even her first year of college.

I loved the tight friendships - it reminded me of the girls in the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series. Just like Georgia, she had family drama.  I liked Jojo and her character's secret. I thought it was handled well and the outcome was super sweet.  I liked the romantic drama. I ADORED Ben. He was funny, charming, and nervous. All in all, Meredith Zeitlin knocked her debut out of the park. I can't wait to read what she writes next.
 

Cover Thoughts: I like it!


Source: My Library



Similar Read: The Daughters and The Darlings are Forever


Challenge: 2012 Debut Author Challenge

No comments: