Saturday, November 24, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: Lies that bind

 *2nd in the Liar Society series, read my review of book one*

Kate knows what happened to Grace and she's still trying to deal with the aftermath. There's a dedication to Grace at the school and afterwards, Kate receives a message.

That night at the Obsideo, the students say goodbye to Grace, the same way they've been saying goodbye to all the other students who have died over the years.

At first, Kate isn't planning to go, but after a series a strange circumstances, she changes her mind. She arrives with Liam and deals with the student body as best she can, through avoidance and snark.

A scream echoes through the night air and a girl goes missing. Kate's convinced it's the same people who messed with Grace. Kate's still curious about the secret societies and has vowed revenge. Her quest for revenge creates havoc in her personal relationships. She's desperately trying to hold everything  together, but she's running out of time. Can she help save Bethany?
My Thoughts: The second book is just as good as the first, leaving you breathless for more, once again. Kate's vow for revenge leads her to make poor decisions that constantly put her life in danger. I hate how she's put into a position where she's making people in her life unhappy because of her choices, however, I can't imagine her NOT making those choices. I love that she's willing to help a girl who's been horrible to her because she can't stand the thought of anyone else going through the same pain she went through. It shows her determination, her loyalty, and that she has a good heart.

My heart hurts for all the pain she's going through and how hard she's trying to pick up the pieces of her life, but how it's impossible to go back to the way things were. I like the addition of her former best friend, who's going through her own troubles. I like how they could remember Grace together, it showed a new side of Grace. For most of the book, I felt like Kate, floundering at all the possibilities and secrets the school holds. The action and danger kept me guessing until the end of book.

Cover Thoughts: I love the hair and that hat! It matches perfectly with the first cover in the series.
Source: My Library


No comments: