Monday, July 16, 2012

Review: Dark Frost

 * third book in the series - read my review for Kiss of Frost *

When Gwen and her friends are visiting an exhibit for a homework exercise, they're attacked by Reapers. Gwen knows the Reapers are looking for the Helheim Dagger; she doesn't know they suspect the dagger to reside in the library.

As Nike's champion, Gwen's also been looking for the dagger. She needs to keep it out the enemy's hands. The dagger is the only thing keeping Loki locked in his prison. He's so close to escaping and sending the world into chaos.

Gwen's also looking out for Loki's champion - the girl who murdered her mother. Gwen seeks revenge upon her, but will her thirst for revenge blindside her from the truth? 

My Thoughts: I love this series - for the mystery, the mythology,  the ancient artifacts, the awesome library, and the relationships. It's hard to describe all my thoughts for this book.There's angst, death, loss, friendship drama, romance, and hot kisses. The danger, the action, and the romance were all amped up in this addition to the series. 


I love the characters in this series; Gwen, her grandmother, the librarian, Logan, and Daphne.  Gwen struggles with her relationships. I loved how the wolf came back. I loved the protectiveness and it's loyalty to Gwen. 


While I hated all that Gwen went through in this book, it makes me more eager to read the next installment. 

Cover Thoughts: I love it - I love how they included the necklace.
Source: my Library.

No comments: