Thursday, July 12, 2012

Teen Review Thursday: Shatter Me



This book takes place in a futuristic world where everything has fallen apart. There is little food and everything is controlled by a group called “The Reestablishment”. “The Reestablishment” promised people a better future and told them they would fix the problems of the people. However, once they took power they did nothing to help the people at all. The book’s main character is a girl named Juliette. In the beginning of the book she is locked in an insane asylum but she isn’t insane. She has an ability that allows her to kill people just by touching them. This ability makes a person in a position of power in “The Reestablishment” interested in her.  This book follows her from the insane asylum onward and is written in her perspective.

I liked the book for many reasons. First, I thought it was interesting to hear the story from Juliette’s point of view rather than a third person point of view. It allows the reader to know what Juliette is thinking at all times. Also, I liked the author’s writing style. They had an interesting way of describing things. For example they used a lot of numbers and counting to express things which I thought was interesting. One thing I didn’t like was the fact that the end of the book was a cliffhanger. While I assume there will be a sequel it was still rather upsetting that the book just cut off during, in my opinion, a really important part. Overall, this was a very good book that I would recommend to other teenage girls

Kelly -   Age 16
Rating: 8

1 comment:

Lauren @ YABookSpot said...

I love this book. There is a sequel coming out and I'm pretty shore it's called Unravel Me. Great review.