Monday, July 23, 2012

Review: Black Dawn

 * the 12th book in the series*

Clare and her friends know that time is running out for Morganville. Instead of fighting the vampires that rule the town, this time they're fighting WITH the vampires. It's not a fight anyone thinks they can win.

But Claire and her friends have beaten the odds before and they're not going down without a fight.

The draugs need water to life. If they poison the water, it's possible they might have a chance. However, shutting off the water's going to be a battle in itself. With a few weapons, including a flamethrower that Shane loves, they decide to risk it.

Not everyone comes back. Will the fight for Morganville change the town and it's inhabitants forever? Will there be a town after the war? Most importantly, will Claire's luck hold or will it finally run out?

My Thoughts: I adore this series. I like how this series changes perspectives. I enjoy reading from everyone's point of view. I like how the vampires and the humans comes together to fight the new enemy and how that causes changes in everyone's relationship/pecking order. I liked the struggles within the relationships as Claire and Shane and Eve and Michael figured things out. I can't wait to see where the next book will go. 

Cover Thoughts: Fine
Source: My Library
Up Next: Bitter Blood comes out November 6th


1 comment:

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

I've been considering starting this series, but I'm so intimidated by how many books it has! Sounds good though,

Nice review :)