Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: Red Velvet Revenge

 * Book 4 in the Cupcake Bakery Mystery series*

The summer heat is keeping customers from Fairy Tale Cupcakes. When they get the chance to pack up and take their cupcakes to a rodeo, they jump at the chance.

At the opening parade, Slim Hazard, local legend and owner of the rodeo, gets shot. Melanie's not convinced it was an accident. She's certain when she stumbles across the body of a bull-rider. Melanie just had an unfortunate encounter with Ty Stokes. She was hoping to give him some cupcakes in hopes of cooling off his temper.

Now, she's struggling to keep her hot tempered employees out of hot water. Angie shoots murderous looks at Tate whenever he mentions Slim's daughter. Ox is tangled up with Slim's other daughter, the one who's protesting the rodeo. Everyone's annoyed with the guys from the BBQ food stand, who might have tampered with their cupcakes. Can she help save the rodeo without losing any of her employees?

My Thoughts: I really love this series. I loved the unique setting for this installment of the series. I confess I've never read a book at a rodeo before. I love that Melanie and Angie took their cupcakes to a rodeo. I adored the bet they made with the BBQ men.

I enjoyed reading about the process to make cakepops. I've tried to make them and the chocolate coating didn't work well for me. I might have to try them again.


I liked the moments between Angie and Tate - both the heated ones and the snippy ones. I loved the moments between Joe and Melanie - I can't wait to see what happens next between them!

Cover Thoughts: I adore these cover - and I love the cupcakes and the cakepops
Source: My Library.

No comments: