Monday, July 9, 2012

Adult Review: Midnight Promises

 * 8th book in the Sweet Magnolia series* 

Eliot and Karen married - but they still have issues to work through. Karen's still gun shy about money issues after her ex-husband left her with debt. She also desires to be seen as a partner.
When Eliot makes decisions without her, she becomes furious.  Eliot wants to use the money they've set aside for a baby as start up for a men's gym. The idea is in motion before Karen finds out - from someone else.
Karen desperately wants to believe that her fairy tale ending is here to stay. But she's not about to let marriage destroy her again. How can she make Eliot see that it's not about him and their love and more about the partnership and financial security she craves?


My Thoughts: I love this series of romance, strong women, and a small community. Each book grows and touches upon more characters in this town, I love reading about their lives.  I liked reading about these characters in the previous books, but I loved finding out what happened after Eliot and Karen married. I like how they struggled through their problems, but came through them stronger. 

I hated the drama with Eliot's sister and the destruction of her marriage. Parts of this story is so heartbreaking, but so real. 

I love how Sherryl Woods weaves families and friends together.  I'm so happy there are more in Sweet Magnolia books to come!!!

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: Netgalley
Similar Series: Cedar Cove

No comments: