Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tween Tuesday Review: Fairest of All

 * first in a new series*

**Tween Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at GreenBeanTeenQueen to highlight great reads for tweens. Join the fun! **

Abby was awoken in the middle of the night by her brother who insists there's something strange happening in the basement. When she goes down with him to check it out, they're transported to a forest. 
After walking some distance, they stumble upon an old woman. After an unhelpful exchange with the woman, they decide to follow her. She leads them to a cottage, where she attempts to give a girl an apple.
Immediately, Abby understands. She's landed in the middle of Snow White's fairy tale. She foils the witch's plan. However, she soon realizes that she's foiled Snow White's life as the prince will never find her in the cottage. Abby vows to make things right for Snow White.

My Thoughts: I liked this twist on Fairy Tales. I really enjoyed watching Abby and her brother try to figure out a way to help Snow White, who wasn't exactly interested in following her life according to plan. I loved the ending of this tale and I'm curious to see what other fairy tales Abby drops in to. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library. 
Up Next: If the Shoe Fits comes out in January 2013. I'm guessing Cinderella's next!

No comments: