Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: Abandon

Pierce's life changed when she died.

Luckily, she came back to life a few minutes later.

It tore apart her family. She and her mother moved back to her mother's hometown. Pierce tries to fit it at school. Her cousin is annoyed when she tries to make friends. The popular friends she makes want to use her for her house for the annual Coffin Night.

The only thing that's constant in her life is John. John finds her everywhere she goes. Pierce isn't sure what to make of John. He's so familiar that he starts making her feel safe, but could he be dangerous?

My Thoughts: I devour every Meg Cabot book that comes into the library because she's one of my favorite authors! I love how this book is so special for her - check out why. Here's a page from Meg's school notebook.

I like how this book is based on the Hades/Persephone myth. It was super cute and I can't wait to read more. I loved the tension between Pierce and John. I love the mischief Pierce can't help fall into. It has romantic tension, mystery, drama, and trying to fit in - a fabulous start to a new trilogy.

Cover Thoughts: I LOVE it - especially how it wraps around.

Source: my library

Similar Read: Goddess Test

No comments: