Friday, September 16, 2016

Upcoming Adult Review: Queen of Blood

 * Book 1 in the Queens of Renthia series *
In the world of Renthia, the Queen rules all, from the humans to the malevolent spirits. But this Queen, even with her strength, can't seem to control all the spirits. The spirits keep attacking her people.

When Daleina's village is attacked by spirits and destroyed, she has some power to stop them. Her family and their house survives. Because of that power, she takes the test of the academy. When she passes, she gives up everything she knows to train for the chance to become Queen.

Deleina isn't the best nor the most skilled student, but she works hard to make up for it. She rarely sees her family. When a disgraced champion comes looking for a student to train, they chose each other. Can two outcasts change the world?
My Thoughts: It took me a few pages to get into this book and then I was hooked. I didn't want to stop reading it! I loved it and I'm so eager for the next one!

The world building was amazing. 
I found the spirits interesting and scary too.
I loved the wolf.
I loved how Ven and Deleina traveled
I enjoyed the romance
I like how Deleina knew she wasn't the best student but was determined to keep going
Ven reminded me a bit of Hamish (minus the drinking)
I loved the way Deleina created groups of friends and how she tried not to let anyone down.
Deleina was determined, courageous, loyal, smart, and thought about the world differently. She's a wonderful heroine. 

Cover Thoughts: Borrowed ARC
Release Date: September 20th
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for all adult sections of public libraries (but I think this is also an A/YA crossover title and perfect for Throne of Glass fans)

Come back on Monday for an interview with the author and learn more about the book!

No comments: