Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tween Tuesday Review: Loki's Wolves

* Book 1 in a Trilogy *
The Vikings predicted the end of the world, but they had a plan to combat evil. Now generations later, descendants of the gods find themselves at the start of the battle.

It doesn't matter that Matt's only thirteen, as Thor's descendant, he's responsible for saving the world. With the help of two once enemies, now friends, Matt must come up with a plan and execute it.

Unfortunately for the trio, nothing ever goes according to plan. One wrong move might bring the world closer to the end. 
My Thoughts:I adored the start of this trilogy! I enjoyed the Norse Mythology - which I don't know too much about. I enjoyed Matt and Fen becoming closer - not quite friends, but they seems to trust each other just enough. I like the moments between them. I like Laurie and how she's determined to help and not sit on the sidelines just because she's a girl and the boys feel they have to protect her. I feel bad for Fen and his life, but I love how he tries to protect his cousin. Lots of action, lots of danger, and lots of fighting. I'm eager to see where this trilogy turns next. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: Gifted

1 comment:

Amanda K Thompson said...

Oooh, this sounds good. I've been wondering about this one. See it enough at the library. I'll have to give it a try.