Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tween Tuesday Review: Charmed

 * Book 2 in the Fairy Tale Reform School series *
Gilly's struggling with her new found fame after saving the school (with the help of her friends) - but the danger isn't over.

The Wicked One has a plan of her own. She wants to take over the kingdom, starting with the school. She's offering students the choice of joining her.

Gilly knows that she needs to keep her eye on things; something's not right. There's a mole inside the school. When she's asked to join the Royal Ladies in Waiting, Gilly has no interest, but maybe joining will give her some answers. Can Gilly and her friends save the kingdom again?
My Thoughts: Another fantastic story! I love Gilly and her friends, even though they fought for much of the book. I like how Gilly's head swelled a bit, but how she finally came back down to earth. I like the idea of the reluctant hero and how Gilly doesn't want to be a hero, but she's not about to sit on the side lines either. I love how she wants to take action against evil. I like the improvement in Gilly's family's life - how they had enough money for food and clothes.  I Loved Blackbeard. He was entertaining and a nice addiction to the already fun cast of characters.  A charming story; so looking forward to the next book in this series! 


Cover Thoughts: Really Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for all Children's Libraries - especially for patrons who can't get enough fairy tales!

No comments: