Thursday, December 5, 2013

Holiday Review Thursday: Starry Night



Carrie's fed up with writing for the society page of the newspaper. She wants to write about things that matter. She goes into her boss's office determined to quit if he doesn't give her a chance. Instead, he makes a deal with her. If she can get an interview with the hottest author on the planet, she can write whatever she wants.

Carrie accepts the challenge, but she doesn't realize the author lives somewhere in Alaska. She doesn't realize that he's a recluse nor that dozens of reporters are looking for him. Once she hears that news, she's more determined than ever to find him.

She succeeds - but the cost of finding him lands her at his Alaskan cabin with a storm coming through. By the time she's able to leave, she's not sure she wants to go. 

My Thoughts: It's not Christmas with out a romance from Debbie Macomber. I'm a huge fan of her books and read this in one sitting. I loved Carrie's determination and resourcefulness at finding him. I loved her time in Alaska - stuck with Finn, but trying to make the best of a strange situation. I adored Hennessey, the dog.  I liked Finn's perspective, especially when Carrie invades his privacy. A charming romantic tale that warmed my heart. 

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library

No comments: