Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Matinee: Dark Knight Rises

I was super excited to see this movie as my husband and I both loved the first two movies. Yes, they're dark. Yes, they're long. But yes, they're brilliant.

After watching it, I fired several questions at my husband about logistics with the plot - but overall, I just took it with a grain of salt. There were times characters did things and I didn't understand the reasoning behind it. Somethings we debated and somethings I just let go and enjoyed my overall feeling.


I liked that it came 8 years later. I liked how Bruce Wayne became a reclusive and a cynic after the ending of the previous movie. 

I love that everyone came back for the movie. I adore both Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine.




I loved that Liam Neeson had a small role. 

I thought that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was perfect in his role. He was determined and relentless in his hope to save Gotham. I hope to see more of him.



Anne Hathaway was awesome as Cat Woman - she was clever, manipulative, and adorable. She had great outfits, which reminded me of the old Hollywood style

I loved the the cameos from some of my favorite TV shows and movies:
Jamie from Blue Bloods (also played a cop)
Franki Rizzoli Jr  from Rizzoli and Isles
Ranger from One for the Money
Tom Conti from Louisa May Alcott's Inheritance.

I liked the fact that there was no mention of the Joker - which I read in EW was done out of respect.

I loved the climax twist.  I never saw it coming. The ending of the trilogy was brilliant, absolutely perfect. I admit that I teared up at the ending, but it was followed by a smile. 

What did you think?



No comments: