Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Simon Pulse Rom Com Challenge!

(I saw this from twitter, @PageTurnersBlog who pointed me to The Book Celler, who found the challenge on Chick Loves Lit)



There is a new challenge on the block. How exciting. I usually don't do challenges, but I started them this year. So, I figure why not! I have been reading the Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies for a few years now. I can't remember the first one I read, but they're very addicting.


THE CHALLENGE.

You can find more about the challenge here. The Simon Pulse Rom Com Challenge runs September 1, 2010 - September 1, 2011. There are four levels for this challenge:


Rom Com Lover - 5 books
Rom Com Raver - 15 books
Rom Com Addict - 25 books
Rom Com Crazy - 35+ books

I am going Rom Com Crazy - You can count books you have read before the start date, but you want to read at least 50% of the books during the year.

Here's a complete list of all 38 Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies. I'm going to bold all the ones I've read prior to September 1, 2010 and I'll simply bold each book that I read as the year goes on.

Royally Jacked by Niki Burnham - January 2004
How Not to Spend Your Senior Year by Cameron Dokey - January 2004
Ripped at the Seams by Nancy Krulik - June 2004
Spin Control by Niki Burnham - January 2005
Cupidity by Caroline Goode - January 2005
South Beach Sizzle by Suzanne Weyn and Diana Gonzalez - February 2005
She's Got the Beat by Nancy Krulik - April 2005
30 Guys in 30 Days by Micol Ostow - June 2005
Animal Attraction by Jamie Ponti - August 2005
Scary Beautiful by Niki Burnham - January 2006
A Novel Idea by Aimee Friedman - January 2006
Getting to Third Date by Kelly McClymer - April 2006
Dancing Queen by Erin Downing - June 2006
Major Crush by Jennifer Echols - August 2006
Do-Over by Niki Burnham - October 2006
Love Undercover by Jo Edwards - December 2006
Prom Crashers by Erin Downing - February 2007
Gettin' Lucky by Micol Ostow - April 2007
The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols - May 2007
In the Stars by Stacia Deutsch and Rhody Cohon - August 2007
Crush du Jour by Micol Ostow - October 2007
The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren by Wendy Toliver - December 2007
Love, Hollywood Style by P.J. Ruditis - January 2008
Something Borrowed by Catherine Hapka - April 2008
Party Favor by Whitney Lyles - June 2008
Puppy Love by Nancy Krulik - August 2008
The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Catherine Hapka - October 2008
Sea of Love by Jamie Ponti - December 2008
Miss Match by Wendy Toliver - February 2009
Love on Cue by Catherine Hapka - April 2009
Drive Me Crazy by Erin Downing - June 2009
Love Off-Limits by Whitney Lyles - August 2009
The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols - October 2009
Perfect Shot by Debbie Rigaud - December 2009
Hard To Get by Emma Carlson Berne - February 2010
At First Site by Catherine Hapka - April 2010
Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols - May 2010

So my current count is at

25/38

Looking at the numbers, I'm not sure I qualify for this specific challenge, so I'm coming up with a new challenge. I'm going to track down the ones I haven't read yet, because they're books that I've been wanting to read.

Are you up for the challenge?

2 comments:

Shanyn said...

Welcome to the challenge! I'm jealous that you've read so many - can't wait to see if you can find the rest :)

Jessica said...

Oh this is so right up your alley! Have fun finishing the rest of them, even if it's not for the official challenge!