Monday, August 30, 2010

Meeting Suzanne Collins!

Last Friday, I met Suzanne Collins during a signing of Mockingbird. I even waited to read the stamped book, which was hard as it kept me off blogs and most of the internet for days. It was hosted by RJ Julia's but held off site. This bookstore always has amazing authors. I've met so many great ones there!





In honor of the event, I wore a special shirt.











Here she is waiting in the wings before coming up to the stage









Here she is on the stage where she read a little bit of Catching Fire for the audience to fully appreciate Katniss's voice before diving in and reading in the first few pages of Mockingjay.









Then we all waited in line. Here she is stamping my friend - a fellow librarian's - book and chatting with her. There wasn't much time to chat, but it was awesome nonetheless.

I wish there had been a Q&A as there were several questions I wanted answered, but it was still great fun. Plus I won a door prize! - a Hunger Games bag clip, which I think I can alternate and use it as a necklace or bracelet!


Finally, I chatted with her and asked her to pose of a READ poster:

3 comments:

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Wow, exciting! I wish more authors came to my area.

Jessica said...

Awesome! I love the READ poster and congrats on the door prize!! me = jealous...

Rebecca said...

Ummm so jealous!!! I just finished the first two books and love her! Lucky you, and plus, love the shirt!