Thursday, August 5, 2010

Review: Girl Overboard

Marina loves marine biology and her boyfriend. She's taking a six week course to see which one she loves more. Originally, Marina and her boyfriend were going to go to college together far away from landlocked Vermont. But his plans change when his mom uncovers a deadly illness. Now, Marina's not sure if she can give up her dreams and stay with him. This is her one chance to figure out her future.

The boat, an amazing luxurious ship, will sail through the Caribbean from Miami to the Bahamas, to Utila, and to the Dominican Republic before heading home. There the students from all over the world will have a chance to swim with dolphins, sharks, and sea turtles. Each student will have an opportunity to interact with one of these animals in their habitat while learning marine biologist tasks.

Marina meets people with her same interests and begins to form bonds. She loves her roommate. She meets a boy who makes it clear that he's interested in her. Marina also attempts to stay in touch with Damon during her course. He's not very talkative and they can't seem to connect. Is this course a sign they're not meant to be together?


My Thoughts: I LOVE this series and for some reason, I missed this one. Now I've read them all. I liked this one, but not as much as the others mainly because the romance didn't ring as true to me. I think this is because I really didn't like Link. I loved reading about the S.A.S.S. program - the marine biology course in the Caribbean.

The Cover: Cute and flirty.

Source: My Library

Other books in series: http://us.penguingroup.com/static/html/youngreaders/features-sass.html

No comments: