Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Review: Before I Fall

Sam has an average day at school, hanging out with her friends, and going to a party. On the way home, she dies. The next day she wakes up only to discover she must live it all over again.

For days, Sam wakes up and must change her present - not to change her future, but to change herself. Each day, she does something different to change the day and in doing so, changes the outcome of the day including pieces of herself. She understands more about her friends, her family, her boyfriend, and her enemies.

Why does she do the things she does? Why doesn't she stop certain things from happening? Will she find all the answers?

If she fixes herself and come to terms with her life, will she finally be at peace?

My Thoughts: I loved the changes from day to day as Sam's eyes open and she's much more aware of the people around her. I liked reading the same day over an over again with changes, some subtle, so not. I enjoyed watching the various secrets unfold and discovering the core of people, events, and issues.

The Cover: Interesting

The Source: My Library

Read-Alike: 13 Reasons Why

No comments: