Monday, May 17, 2010

Reading Meme

Reading Habits is a meme going around the blogosphere right now. So, of course, I had to do it.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack:
Only sure lunch - usually when I'm at work.

What is your favorite drink while reading?
Sometimes I'll drink hot chocolate or tea.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
NO! - well, ok, only in college.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
A bookmark - or what ever is closest to me.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Fiction most of the time - so I can escape from my world. Rarely nonfiction - unless it's something of interest

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I like the end of the chapter, but it's not always possible, especially for those authors who write cliff hanger chapters - then I sometimes read until I can breathe again.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
No, but I will make growling noises sometimes.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
I just ignore it and keep reading.

What are you currently reading?
The Next Best Thing (adult romance) and pages away from finishing Merlin's Harp. I'm about to start Disney In Shadow: Kingdom Keepers III

What is the last book you bought?
for myself: Cinderella Society and Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
Multiple - sometimes I have a work book, a downstairs book, and an upstairs book. Which can be a pain when I need to know what happens next and the book isn't right there.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
I can read anywhere. I usually have a book with me wherever I go, just in case.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
Either, although I love series books because there are characters I simply NEED to spend me time with.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Yes mostly as part of my job - YA Librarian and to other reader. In my job there's a lot of questions for what to read after (fill in the blank) - which is usually vampire or a paranormal read. But there's are a fair amount of books I always recommend and that changes frequently. Right now it's Forgive my Fins (once it comes out), Cinderella Society, Heist Society, anything by Maria V. Snyder, plus the staples: Hunger Games, Graceling, Eon, anything by Meg Cabot. I really could go on and on all day.

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.)
At home, by categories and then my favorites. Some categories include: Fantasy, Jane Austen, childhood reads, mysteries, girly books. Usually I lend out so many books that my shelves are never complete.

What about you?

2 comments:

YA Book Queen said...

This meme is such fun! I'll have to fill it out myself...

"No, but I will make growling noises sometimes."
-Yes! I'm not alone! ;)

Jessica said...

Love it! Gonna have to do this in the next couple of days too...fun.