Saturday, November 19, 2022

Movie Review: My Mind and Me

 



I'm becoming a huge Selena fan. I really liked her Selena + Chef series. 

So, I was excited to watch this documentary from Apple +

And it's very honest. Selena goes through ups and downs of emotions. It features six years - it covers concerts, charity events, and the pandemic. You get a glimpse into her life - and all the pressures she felt. 

I just wanted to wrap her up in a hug and tell her that she's perfectly fine just the way she is. I can't imagine living a life in the spotlight and dealing with all that. I was impressed with the show and the depth of the it. I can understand why she can't go back and watch it. There's a lot of unpack here. I hope it helps more people talk about mental health and self care!

No comments: