Friday, November 11, 2022

Graphic Novel Review: Babymouse



Babymouse has always been insecure of her curly whiskers. If only they were straight. Life would be so much better. After a dream, she discovered what it would really be like...

My Thoughts: I'm a huge fan of Babymouse - I'm so happy she's back in graphic novel form. I'm really hoping that it causes readers to discover her earlier books. It's great to see so many old friends - from the locker to Babymouse's friends, and even her enemies. I loved the message in this book - that everyone has insecurities about their body - but only you really fixate on them. This is a book about friendship, body image, and surviving school. It's funny and thoughtful. Plus, the art is super cute. Can't wait for more Babymouse adventures!

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A delightful series that's highly recommended for your school and public library

No comments: