Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Picture Book Review: Saving the Countryside


52349410. sx318 sy475

Beatrix Potter loved the summers she spent in the country during her childhood. She found inspiration in the country and created Peter Rabbit. As Peter Rabbit became a success despite the odds, she saved her beloved countryside.

My Thoughts: I adored this book. The illustrations were gorgeous. I loved learning about a lesser known part of Beatrix Potter's life. I love that she found success in breaking the rules and that she wanted to do something that mattered. I love that she flourished as an author/illustrator but also used science. I loved that deep down she was a business woman and understood how the world worked. And she used that to her advantage. A very informative beautiful book. 

Highly recommended for school and public libraries

No comments: