Thursday, July 30, 2020

Review: Doughnut Fix

The Doughnut Fix (The Doughnut Fix #1)
Tristan likes living in the city, so he's unhappy when his parents decide their going to move to the country. There's nothing excited about the country. Then he comes across a sign for Chocolate Cream Doughnuts at the general store.

Turns out the sign is old and the owner refused to make doughnuts anymore. Tristan talks her into giving him the recipe as part of a school project. Now he's committed to making doughnuts and starting up a business.

Could the country be not as bad as he imagined?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I felt for Tristan as he dealt with moving to a new place. But I loved exploring the country with him. I loved his doughnut project - and of course the book made me crave doughnuts. I enjoyed his family - they made me laugh. Reading this book gave me that nostalgia feel. I'm excited to read the sequel.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your school and public library

If You Like:

No comments: