Thursday, July 9, 2020

Review: The Next Great Jane

The Next Great Jane
Jane's biggest dream is to become an author - just like her hero Jane Austen. When a famous author comes to her small town in Maine, she hopes to gain insight on the secret of writing. Nothing ever happens in her town, but on the night of the author event everything changes.

She meets an annoying boy. A hurricane sweeps through town. And her mother appears.

Now Jane's life is turned upside down and she's worried it will stay that way. She wants life to return back to normal and has a few ideas up her sleeve on how to make that happen.
My Thoughts: I loved this book. I needed to read it as soon as I heard it was about a girl wanting to be the next Jane Austen. And it was everything I imagined. I loved the small town Maine setting - and the Maine comments/jokes. I loved the Jane Austen references; they made me smile. I loved the moments between Devon and Jane. I loved the secret to writing. A great story about writing, science, friendship, staying true to yourself, and family.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your school and public libraries - highly recommended.

No comments: