Saturday, June 8, 2019

BEA Special Moments: favorite authors

After running late and missing the train on Wednesday, Amanda and I made a beeline for the DC Ink booth. We were able to get to BEA just in time for the last two books in Meg Cabot's Black Canary signing.

Of course Meg Cabot was her charming self. We've met several times before, so we hugged, we took a picture, and she mentioned there might be mail waiting for me when I got home.

Of course I fan girled all over her - but I think she's used to that. It seems to happen every time I see her. I just can't help myself. I love her!

Also I'm halfway through Black Canary and it's SO Good!

photo credit: Amanda Brouwer

Here's the mail that was waiting for me. Emma that the puppy on the cover looked a little bit like her. She's interested in learning more about this book!

On Friday, I missed the tickets for the Sarah MacLean signing line. I was bummed. But she usually tours near my area, so I was going to just wait until then. 

However, I was walking past the tables and noticed a Stand-By Line. So I hopped in that, hopeful that I might get a signed book.

Which I did and of course I can't wait to read.

But what I didn't expect was the extra gift. Sarah's first book, which I loved, The Season, is now out of print. It's coming back into print in a mass market paperback with a brand new cover. But somewhere along our many meetings I had mentioned that this was the only book of hers that I did not have signed.

And she brought me a copy! And the signing is super sweet. I'm not going to lie - it made me tear up. Now I have to re-read this book and I can't wait!


Here are my two special books. 

These moments made my day. They are two amazing authors who are both so sweet and kind. 

No comments: