Thursday, March 7, 2019

Romance Review: Playing For Keeps


* Book 7 in the Heartbreaker Bay series *


Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)

Of course Sadie's seen Suits around before; he always seems uptight. But the night she finds him outside the shop in the middle of a storm trying to rescue a dog, she knows something different is happening. She helps him bring the dog inside and together they fall in love - with the dog.

She names the pup Lollipop. While they barely know each other, they decide to share the rescued pup since neither of them have the time required to give her.

Suits (Caleb) doesn't like emotions; he blocks himself off from them. It works well for his business, but not so well for his personal life. But Lollipop worms her way into his heart. One look at her face and he melts. Sadie's always fascinated him, the more time he spends with her, the more she breaks down his walls.
My Thoughts: Another great book in this addictive series. I must say that Lollipop stole the book for me. She had me laughing at her antics and hugging my own dogs tight. I loved seeing this group of friends again and peeking in on favorite characters. I loved the awkward moments between Sadie and Caleb from their growing friendship, to fighting their attraction for each other, and to finally doing something about it. I liked learning about Sadie's past and how it made her stronger. I loved her co-workers in the tattoo parlor and how they had her back. I liked Caleb's sisters and wouldn't mind getting to know them a little bit better. I can't wait to read more in this series.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: If Jill Shalvis isn't an auto-buy author for your library's romance section, you're missing out.

No comments: