Saturday, March 30, 2019

Cozy Review: Till Death Do Us Tart


Till Death Do Us Tart (A Bakeshop Mystery #8)
* Book 8 in the Bakeshop Mystery series *

Jules is desperately trying to keep the wedding that's throwing her mother a surprise. She's disguised it as part of her party at her new vineyard. Even Carlos and his son are coming to celebrate; she's nervous about meeting Romero for the first time.

Her best friend Lance is back from his vacation, but he's not well rested. He's convinced that his brother is trying to murder his father and that he's being followed. He begs Jules to invite his brother and his entourage to the wedding so they can keep tabs on him.

When his father dies and a wedding guest collapses, things are looking poorly. Lance and Jules search for clues only to discover that the poisoned wine was given to the wrong person. The glass was meant for Jules.
My Thoughts: I adore this series - for the small town charm, the characters, and the bakery. Each book makes me mouth water and I have the strongest urge to go into the kitchen and whip something up. I loved seeing Carlos again - he might have won me over. I liked meeting his son. Of course, the wedding was amazing and I loved how everything came together. I loved that the whole town was involved. I felt bad for Lance, he's been through the ringer lately.  I can't wait to read the next installment of this series!

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: This series should be on your public library mystery shelves.

No comments: