Friday, March 1, 2019

Review: Camelot Code


The Once and Future Geek (The Camelot Code #1)

* First Book in a new series *

Unbeknownst to him, Arthur's big day has finally arrived. Today's the day he will pull the sword from the stone and become King Arthur. But earlier that afternoon, the princess and his best friend accidentally loses a valuable magical item down the well. But his feelings for the princess and his best friend lead him to take the blame for his mistake.

He jumps in the well after the item, accidentally traveling in time to the 21st century, leaving Merlin scrambling. Merlin engages the help of Sophie and Stu who play the video game Camelot Code. Merlin hopes that the three of them can magically fulfill Arthur's destiny and save Britain.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this first book in a new series. I liked the two time periods of the book. I enjoyed watching the people outside of their own time struggle to fit in. I loved the Meg Cabot mention. I loved the Sophie ruled at video games. I liked the friendships in this book. I loved the message about fulfilling your destiny, even if it scares you. Lots of action and humor in this fun read.  I'm eager to read the next book in the series.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your school and public libraries 

No comments: