Thursday, February 24, 2011

Review: Paranormalcy

Evie is sort of Normal. She has tutors - it doesn't matter that they are werewolves. She has a best friend - it doesn't matter that she's a mermaid. She has a room- it doesn't matter that she's never had a home and she lives in a facility. She has a job with the International Paranormal Containment Agency.

Evie has a special talent. She can see past glamours. She can see what they really look like and because of her talent, she's invaluable to IPCA.

Strange things are happening in the world, the paranormals are dying. No one knows what's happening or why they are dying. Tensions are running high. Evie has some ideas but no one is listening to her.

When she befriends the boy who broke into the facility, he starts to open her eyes. Before long, she's questioning everything she's ever known.

My Thoughts: I devoured this book. I loved the unique world of Evie and how she tried to understand her world and her place in it. I loved her kick butt attitude, her sense of style, and her thrill for breaking the rules. I loved how her relationship developed with the boy who broke into the facility. This book has it all: friendship, danger, romance, fashion, and a question of belonging. A wonderful debut! I can't wait to read Supernaturally.

Cover Thoughts: Loved the cover! Simply Amazing

Source: My library