Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: Killer Crop

At last harvest has arrived. Meg's busy taking orders from Bree, her orchard manager. She can't wait to start picking and spreading her apples around town. She doesn't count on things going wrong.

Meg didn't count on Bree falling and breaking her wrist. Now she's not allowed to pick. Hopefully with the other pickers and Meg, the apples can still be harvested on time.

Meg didn't count on her mother showing up on her doorstep unannounced. When her mother's followed quickly by the police, Meg knows that something's dreadfully wrong. When her mother's closed lip about the discovery of the death of an old friend, Meg doesn't know what to believe. She knows her mother didn't kill the man, but what is she hiding?

My Thoughts: I love this series - this is the fourth book. I love learning about the apples and in this one, the crop blossoms. I love the small town drama and how quickly gossip spreads. I love the academic plots, in Killer Crop, there's a side plot about Emily Dickinson. As I don't much about the poet, I enjoyed learning more about her life and her work. I loved the growing relationship between Meg and her mother. The mystery surrounds the academic world mentioning scholarly debates, publishing world, peers and adversaries. All in all, another great addition to the series.

Cover Thoughts: I Love it! I love the fall colors. It's just perfect for a Harvest Festival.

Source: My Library

No comments: