Saturday, April 3, 2021

Movie Review: Moxie

 

It's super good. I was so excited when I heard that Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu was going to be a film. I loved the book  - you can read the reasons why here

And the movie captured the book really well.

I enjoyed the mother daughter relationship.

I loved the mother's new boyfriend. That broke up the movie a bit with some funny scenes.

Most of all, I loved seeing the zines come to life. And knowing they were based off real zines from back in the day. And of course I loved watching the friendships grow and build a feminist community among the students.

And it did make me angry.

These girls are fighting for so much and I wanted to hug them all. 

Have you seen this movie?

Check back tomorrow for a booklist after you've watched the movie!

No comments: