Monday, June 8, 2020

Review: We Are the Wildcats

We Are the Wildcats
The Wildcats' season is just beginning, but they're coming off the loss of the championship game. There are reasons for the loss. But now the team has to pull themselves together.

They just discovered their teammates and there's a scrimmage tomorrow against the team that beat them. They have one night to gel as a team. Luckily the sleepover tradition will help.

This is the one night of the season that they break all the rule in the name of tradition. The initiation ceremony helps seal the bond of friendship and teammates. But the coach throws a wrench into their plans and the night pivots in a way Mel, the captain, never imagined.

My Thoughts: I've been waiting to read this book since I heard Siobhan talking about this during her book tour for Stay Sweet. And it was really good. It kept me guessing and I couldn't wait to see how everything turned out. I loved the multiple perspectives and how all the stories came together within a 24 hour window. My heart broke for these girls but it also cheered for them. I loved their friendship, their loyalty, and their sportsmanship. It's hard to talk too much about this book without giving away spoilers, but I really really enjoyed it. I didn't want to put it down and I didn't want the book to end. I want more about these characters. 

Cover Thoughts:
Source: Book from the library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your library. Siobhan Vivian is now an auto-buy for me for the library's collection.

No comments: