Friday, April 3, 2020

Review: Mindy Kim and the Lunar New Year Parade

Mindy Kim and the Lunar New Year Parade (Mindy Kim #2)* Book 2 in the Mindy Kim series *
Mindy Kim's Lunar New Year will be different than last year because last year her mother was still alive. Now in a new state, Mindy's missing everything familiar about the holiday. When her father suggests, they attend a parade, she can't help but feel a little excited. She's happy to share the day with her new friend Sally. But the day does not go as planned - at all. But maybe that's ok. Maybe it's time to make some new traditions.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this addition to the series and I'm so looking forward to the next book. I loved learning about Lunar New Year and Mindy's family traditions. I felt terrible for Mindy and Sally during their moments of troubles. I enjoyed how everyone came together and made the day special. I liked how Mindy's dad talked about dating again. The illustrations in this series are super cute! I can't wait to see what trouble Mindy gets into next!

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Library Recommendation: A sweet series for your school and public libraries - highly recommended!

No comments: